Bincom is a fast growing ICT solution and consulting firm focused on the best use of technology (old, new, emerging, and future) to solve client issues. We are focused on a global market but are headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Fixed term contract with an option
- We are looking for Information Technology (IT) Intern + Project Assistant to work with our software development team.
About the Role
- To support the Project Manager and Project officers in the delivery of several distinct projects which require an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who can work autonomously and as part of a team.
- The Project Assistant will be required to work with a variety of stakeholders within and outside the organisation
- The ideal candidate will need to assist to deliver effective, highly competent project support and consistently deliver in a person-centered environment which promotes positive relationships.
- Responsible for assisting the PM with the development of properly formatted specifications/work items and estimates containing all required technical information and project delivery information.
- Will assist the project managers in their key role of working as a liaison among Internal and External stakeholders including clients in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions.
- The ideal candidate will assist in all or some of the of the following:
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Constantly monitor and report on the progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Handle requests for information and data
- Prepare written responses to routine inquiries
- Minute taking
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
- Contribute to the work of the organization as appropriate.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Tech Savvy with a Passion for IT
- Past experience in IT Business Analysis and/or IT Project management is required (Informal / Pre-Graduation but VERIFIABLE experience will suffice)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Social Media and Visual Content Enthusiast.
- Documentation and Administrative Skills
- Ability to learn new skills fast
- Fluent Hausa
Experience, Skills & Personal Competencies:
- Very strong knowledge of Microsoft Packages (or similar) – Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Projects, Publisher, Databases, etc
- Working in an office environment
- Working with clients and the public (face to face or telephone)
- Working in a high pressure team
- Report Writing Skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and adjust to the needs
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Accuracy / attention to detail
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Communication Skills
- Social media skills
- Time Management
- Applicants must have a passion for IT
- A can-do attitude
- Innovative & creative
- Have good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Able to use own initiative
- This is a short term paid internship ( 6 months – 1 year contract) position. Suitable for industrial attachment (minimum 6 months), NYSC, Fresh Graduates and Trainees.